It seems like I am forever on-the-go…primarily Monday-Friday. Getting out the door can be a bit of a chore, especially if making the extra effort to eat something nutritious. And as a mother of a 11 month old who is breastfeeding, consuming the adequate amount of vitamins and minerals is essential. These cookies definitely became my solution. I eat 2 every single morning. They have boosted my energy and I feel balanced and ready-to-go when I arrive at work. I’ve forgotten to throw them in my bag on a couple of occasions and was super bummed, as they’ve now become a huge part of my morning ritual. 🙂 Hope that you enjoy them as much as I do! Cheers!
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cups of regular oats, divided
- 1 3/4 cups of brown rice flour (can substitute with oat flour for that extra boost)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 dashes of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 3.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of cranberries
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg – MIX
- Add in maple syrup, almond milk, canola, vanilla – MIX
- Add walnuts, almond butter, oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes (stir batter after adding each individual ingredient)
- Take about 2 tbsp of dough, make a ball, and then flatten with fingers. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on for 2 minutes before placing onto a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
Yum! can’t wait to try your breakfast cookie looks very nutritional…
Love your website! So much quality info on nutrition and good health.
Paris DeLa Art
Thanks for the message! Appreciate your kind words!